Sunday, June 27, 2010

Imagine a country with no abortion...

Can you imagine what the U.S. would be like if abortions were forbidden? I was so surprised to discover over dinner tonight, that in Costa Rica, you will go to jail if you get or give an abortion! None of the health professionals here will do abortions and it is outlawed! WOW! I always assumed that since abortions were legal in the U.S. (a country that has been build on a Christian foundation and tends to be more conservative than the rest of the world) then surely it must be done in every country! I was wrong! In a country that has universal health care, and many other liberal institutions – there is no abortion! My host family was shocked when I told them that it is done in the U.S.! You can only image their reaction when I told them that at least 40 million babies have been aborted in the U.S. My host mom covered her mouth in shock exclaiming: “NO!” and my host dad said: “¡Que terrible! Ellos son muy loco! Es los hippies!”. What is wrong with our American society! I think that we have become so materialistic and “self-focused” that as a society we allow ourselves to murder innocent lives for self-profit. Convince, reputation, and pleasure (for self) is more important than another person’s life. Everyone knows that the little tiny fetus is indeed a human being. There is no denying that! Even here in liberal Costa Rica they would never even consider that the fetus isn’t a human. We have traded the truth for a lie simply to justify our sin. It disgusts me. I can only image how sad God is when he looks down at the people that He created, loves, and even died for – only to see them killing millions of the lives He created.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:13-16).

Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you (Isaiah 46:3-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...